Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to the Shop!

You're currently viewing our site as a guest, so some features you can't use... like the bubble gum machine. If you join our little cult, you'll be able to take advantage of many member-only features such as a 60 day free trial subscription to HighTimes - A chance to be chosen as a candidate to test the latest penis enlargement cream - A possibility to win a free lifetime supply of Kotex® Maxi-Pads to help with that "not so fresh" feeling - Running around with your pants down around your ankles yelling kiss my ass!!! and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

sO Click herE to join our Cwazy wHackd in the Head coMmunity!

If you're already a member, wtf you doin!? ffs log in already!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Lightbox hits Shop
Topic Started: Nov 8 2011, 08:23:22 PM (1,973 Views)
Kotton
Member Avatar
★SoCal CrackHead★

thanks to Alchemist @Zathyus, the Shop now has an incorporated and activated Lightbox..

don't know what the f*&k that is? need a visual aid? ..then click one of these 2 images

Posted Image

Posted Image

this Lightbox (aka Slimbox, a much better written alternative), will apply itself to all the images you post when using the [img]image url[/img] tags ~ so if you use the Shack or Bucket, or Abload, herosh, yandex.ru, gallery.ru, ect, ect (anything that allows image hotlinks), then just post as normal and you'll be able to utilize this new feature - if your image is high res, don't worry about it, Alchemist's code and Lightbox will automagically resize it upon posting

this will not affect any images being hosted thru ImageBam, Screensider or similar hosting that requires a url wrapped around an image tag ~ this also means it will not affect any images that are linkd to file host sites such as Mediafire (HQ Car Shots thread, some mod release threads) - again, it will only affect images that are hotlinked - so if you have any questions, suggestions or comments, you kno what to do, do it here :)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Nuke
Member Avatar
Stoned as fuck...

I know I don't post around the shop alot, But I've been waiting for something like this, No more open in new tab bullshit haha :rofl: Good suff kot :thumbsup:

Chipicao
Member Avatar
Fish swim, I fly

Not that I'm unappreciative, I'm not, but I really hate this "feature". :D

IMO it's useful when the forum gets broken by large images, but it's not the case here because KCS has a fixed width. The proper solution would be to educate users into posting thumbnail images (like imagebam) or resizing their pics if they want to hotlink (which Zeta automatically does anyway).

The only real use is for those who are too lazy to open the image in a new tab :P I on the other hand find it much more convenient because I can view the image in full size and I can also zoom in if I want to.

Anyway, the main problem, like you very well pointed out Kot, is that it fucks up all imagebam/thumbnail links (see here). Not only that, but there's no easy workaround either.
Furthermore, if for instance I post a small image and have it linked to a mediafire/downlaod page, that won't work either. You can see it in the Veyron pics from the above example, which are linked to mediafire uploads, or in some mod releases... (can't remember which ones tho :w/e: )

Almost forgot, as I suggestion I think it would be better to disable this until the imagebam fix rolls out. But it's your call Kot ;)
Edited by Chipicao, Nov 9 2011, 12:02:15 AM.

Kotton
Member Avatar
★SoCal CrackHead★

completely forgot to mention the high res thread, my bad bro.. I kno, it's totally fuckd

but this is precisely why I asked for an on/off switch and an imageBam/Screensider exclusion - and according to Alchemist, it's easily done (the exclusions) - idk how much work would be needed for a switch on top of the exclusions, but considering what these kats have been able to hook us up with over the years (custom theme prompts for small example), I really don't think it'll be that difficult at all

I wanted this feature mainly for embedded images.. as well as the shitload of smaller than 1920x1080 res images that get posted in the IV screens thread (shack, bucket, abload, gallery.ru, yandex.ru, ect) - this Lightbox has a built in 'gallery' feature as well, which means if some1 posts a few images, then posts a grip more within a spoiler, we can just hit the next button all the way thru the entire list

that and.. I fuckn love it when the 'lights' drop to.. it's so soothing *ahhh* :lol:

anywayz, as I already mentioned in the 1st post, all of your worries will be addressed.. so no worries

edit; is it really gonna kill you to be inconvenienced until tomorrow? ..if so, I'll take your suggestion, disable the script and hide this thread until then - matta fact lemme run back behind the scenes and ..PSYCH! lmao

Chipicao
Member Avatar
Fish swim, I fly

I guess it looks cool when it opens the image :) We wouldn't even need an on/off switch because we can still right-click and open in new tab, so there are no issues there.

Excluding imagebam links shouldn't be hard, he could even make it so that other domains can be added to an exclusion list.

The problem with using hotlinked images as buttons for download or w/e will still be there. IDK if this bothers anyone, but a better solution would be for it to be used only on images that are larger than a predefined size ;) That way you could choose 300px for instance and all images below it would be unaffected.
Maybe you could float this suggestion their way, I don't have an account there...

And no, it's not gonna bother me until tomorrow or next week :lol:
Edited by Chipicao, Nov 9 2011, 12:25:20 AM.

Kotton
Member Avatar
★SoCal CrackHead★

well, the way it's coded by nature (naturally?) will let us add in domains.. same for if I wanted the portal to be Lightbox enabled, I'd just edit in which portion of the portal I'd want to have it ~ but yes, the mediafire linkd images are something I'll need to go over with him and see what can be done -if not- we can easily edit/unlink those images in that thread and place the mediafire link directly below each image

I also need to go over a few other things with him as well.. for example, we control image size limits in each individual theme's CSS (so the borders don't get fuckd off) - and the Lightbox script overrides that, and being that Lightbox is a board wide event, and not per theme, I'd like to know if we can keep our custom defined per theme attributes active vs the lightbox defined size... so yeah, there's still much needed discussion

DHR

I don't like the be pain in the ass, but i don't like this at all, i hate when that happened to blogger too :(

thequilla
Member Avatar
-VIP-

nice one. by the way kot what theme are you using on kcs?

Monster875
Member Avatar
DirtyDancingDatsun

nice update for the chopshop kot ;)

Kotton
Member Avatar
★SoCal CrackHead★

@thequilla (aka itakha) the ChopShop theme

Alchemist just made it to where no images that are url'd will work with it.. so no more Bam, Screensider or Mediafire problems ..if you want it to work on your images, you must use img tags only

VladyF
Member Avatar

I've got so used to open big pics in a new tab (by clicking on the scroll wheel) I would never have noticed this feature :lol:

I like the new multi-quote thingy tho , always wanted it can that light box(selecting posts/multi-quotes) be edited to be darkened ? It ruins the stealth look of the theme :wub:
Posted Image
Also there is something wrong with the banner on "no frills theme" it's smaller than it should be

Kotton
Member Avatar
★SoCal CrackHead★

idk if those can be darkened or not, I'll have a look at the native forum images and see if they're in there + it's happening on all the themes, I implemented an image size restriction via CSS in the portal h4 sections and for some reason it's affecting the banners to

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Shop News · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Kottons Chop Shop® A Suspect Everything/Stripprpmp Industries © copyright 2007-2013
All trademarks and works contained within Kottons Chop Shop are copyrighted properties
of Suspect Everything/Stripprpmp Industries and/or their respective owners

.Wiredvage Theme created by Zeus00 and converted by Wolt of the ZetaBoards Theme Zone