Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to the Shop!

You're currently viewing our site as a guest, so some features you can't use... like the bubble gum machine. If you join our little cult, you'll be able to take advantage of many member-only features such as a 60 day free trial subscription to HighTimes - A chance to be chosen as a candidate to test the latest penis enlargement cream - A possibility to win a free lifetime supply of Kotex® Maxi-Pads to help with that "not so fresh" feeling - Running around with your pants down around your ankles yelling kiss my ass!!! and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

sO Click herE to join our Cwazy wHackd in the Head coMmunity!

If you're already a member, wtf you doin!? ffs log in already!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
PnP II -Start & PPC-
Topic Started: Mar 1 2013, 10:34:42 AM (18,349 Views)
Kotton
Member Avatar
★SoCal CrackHead★

yall know what to do :gngsta:

and for those who don't..

Quote:

contestants must post a start screen before beginning

start up screens should have a full windowed 3d app showing the untextured model-
an open EMPTY material editor
an open hierarchy, and the Shop's date and time behind it..
use the following image as a guide

Posted Image

this thread will double as PPC as well; remember, snaps of your modeling in progress will be required, so with that in mind, post your beginning snaps and get to stompn!!

**DEADLINE is May 4th**
Offline Profile Goto Top

X-man

Posted Image

I've gotta bounce now, just saved the stuff, and will work on it tomorrow
Offline Profile Goto Top

Twiztid Axe
Member Avatar
Carbonized

Booooom
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

AudiBoy
Member Avatar

Here it is :
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Twiztid Axe
Member Avatar
Carbonized

Oh shit, I forgot to include the material editor in the viewport, do I need to start over and take another pic, or what?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Monster875
Member Avatar
DirtyDancingDatsun

Apex: i don't think Kot would believe u'd cheat ;)
Online Profile Goto Top

Kotton
Member Avatar
★SoCal CrackHead★

^^ ..no worries Apex, just keep on keepn on
Offline Profile Goto Top

Twiztid Axe
Member Avatar
Carbonized

Cool then, this pic was taken at 4:44pm. My plans are to build this area in semi low poly and use textures to drop all the detail, engine bay might be slightly similar, but the main components will have more detail.

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

X-man

fuck.. you've done that already? :O
edit: quickly threw the subaru ingame. It will be transformed to the GT86 later

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Edited by X-man, Mar 1 2013, 03:44:29 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

KSofts
Member Avatar
badassmoFo

Wireframe people, dont forget you are judged on the mesh's quality ;)
Offline Profile Goto Top

X-man

I haven't really done anything to the mesh yet, just converted it. Scratching will be done after some ingame progress, I want to keep my interest in the car :D
Offline Profile Goto Top

Twiztid Axe
Member Avatar
Carbonized

Aren't we sending the models to the judges? So whats the point of posting wireframe pics of our progress? Also, wasn't it all about optimizing/quality of the mesh? lol
Edited by Twiztid Axe, Mar 1 2013, 04:40:57 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

KSofts
Member Avatar
badassmoFo

One of them is know that is that you that it's modeling it, not picking up parts from other games...
Offline Profile Goto Top

Twiztid Axe
Member Avatar
Carbonized

You high?
Quote:

One of them is know that is that you that it's modeling it
You high?

So what, are you going to scour the internet for models of parts people model to cross reference that they aren't stolen, or is it just a 'it looks like it's from a game' then find the model it's from and cross reference? I'm not being a dick, I'm just gathering information on the judging process.
Edited by Twiztid Axe, Mar 1 2013, 04:50:09 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

KSofts
Member Avatar
badassmoFo

Lol why should I be. And why that, disagreement in showing your wireframes? You hiding something?
Plus, even if the models will be sent to us, judges, how can we compare the mesh you sent us with the one you showed here?
You're not a dick, and i'm not making you passing by one, but dont make other people pass by one neither...
Offline Profile Goto Top

X-man

umm.. the BRZ front bumper is really different from the GT86's, but FH has a kit that has a bumper very similar to the 86's. Am I allowed to use that, or will I have to create a new one from scratch?
Offline Profile Goto Top

KSofts
Member Avatar
badassmoFo

I have this from you:
Quote:

XSB - 2012 Scion FR-S/Toyota GT-86

Now it depends on what you wanna do... If you want to do a 86, no problem, but if you want to do a brz with 86 bumpers, or a double version, the answer is no :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

AudiBoy
Member Avatar

It might be weird (and so am I) to start this way, but I didn't want to work on the car mesh now, I've just made a little clean up on it.

I've started modelling a new rim (my first 100% scratch made one), inspired by the OEM wheel of the Grand Cherokee ZJ Limited from 1993 to 1995.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Edited by AudiBoy, Mar 1 2013, 05:30:05 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kotton
Member Avatar
★SoCal CrackHead★

^ good start

why can't he interchange parts? ..Apex is combining 2 Acura's, why can't he, as long as they're from the same platform (forza), what's the biggy

and if we let you skate on not showing your scratch work while in progress Apex, how are we going to enforce others to? ..whadya fuckn special!? -.- :lol:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Twiztid Axe
Member Avatar
Carbonized

Yes, yes I am special
Posted Image:urhrhr:

Thing I don't understand is, why the hell would some one wanna show wip shots of one ride, and then send the judges another? Fucking people >_>

And no slyde, I don't have anything to hide. (With the exception of the chick in my basement)
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Contests 4IV · Next Topic »
Locked Topic

Kottons Chop Shop® A Suspect Everything/Stripprpmp Industries © copyright 2007-2013
All trademarks and works contained within Kottons Chop Shop are copyrighted properties
of Suspect Everything/Stripprpmp Industries and/or their respective owners

.Wiredvage Theme created by Zeus00 and converted by Wolt of the ZetaBoards Theme Zone